The clickable information in a hyperlink is known as anchor text. Anchor text should be relevant to the website it is linking to, instead of random content, per the best SEO techniques. The blue, underlined anchor text has become the most frequent because it is the online standard, although the colour and underlining may be changed using html code. Anchor text is critical to the SEO health of a website. While anchor text is one of several Google ranking variables, it also alerts visitors about where they can obtain further data and what is found on the other links page.
Importance Of Anchor Text
SEO is a complicated subject with thousands of little elements. One of these characteristics is anchor text. An anchor is a piece of text that you click to navigate from one online location to another; it physically connects two separate destinations on the internet.
Anchors normally connect to web pages, but they may also start downloads and point to documents such as PDFs or documents in Google Drive. This is why you should just visit anchors of sites you trust and hover your cursor over the link.
- It informs the readers about what they may anticipate before pressing the link. Because anchor words represent THE promise of what’s on the opposite end of the link, they must be extremely relevant.
- It informs Google algorithms about the nature of the content. Google’s algorithms analyze your anchor selections to ensure you’re not spamming them and to grasp the topics you’re connecting to in your text.
Types of Anchor Text
- Generic Anchor Words – A generic anchor has no text that refers to a keyword. Rather, the reader should depend on the context cues provided by the surrounding material to determine what awaits them on the other side of the link.
- Branded Anchor Text – Branded anchors incorporate the company’s name and are excellent for increasing brand identification. Furthermore, they are a solid bet for not being tagged as spam.
- Link Text with Exact Match – Exact match anchor text comprises the exact term that the website you are connecting is targeting.
- Anchor Words with Partial Match – The keyword phrase is included in partial match anchors and other basic, random, or stops terms.
- Random Anchor Text – Random anchor words may also contain phrases that aren’t as generic as “click here,” but aren’t relevant to the target keyword.