Link juice is a term used in Search Engine Optimization to describe the amount of credibility or value a backlink travels to the website with which it connects. Link juice is also known as “link equity” in the SEO industry. Backlinks from webpages with greater authority and relevance to a topic produce more link juice and assist a page rank higher in search engine results pages (SERP).
The more link juice (link equity) the page has, the more likely it is to rank for its keyword phrases in search engines like Google and Yahoo. Several important factors determine a page’s rank. Strong backlinks provide only one (very essential) component of the puzzle.
PageRank, Google’s actual determination of how assertive a page is, is frequently confused with link juice. Google has officially “sunset” PageRank, but most SEOs believe that Google still utilizes something to decide a page’s value, which impacts its capacity to rank. The “value” of how a page’s PageRank is transmitted via each independent backlink is referred to as link equity.
Regrettably, not all links produce the all-powerful link juice. Google’s web pages with more command are regarded as more trustworthy, and their links carry more weight.
What is the Process of Link Juice?
Link juice improves your page’s ranking in search engines.
Although it is not the only major factor, it is frequently mentioned as one of the highest-rated signals. Internal linking allows link juice to flow to a page to spread throughout your website. Numerous studies have found that internal linking correlates with higher rankings. For the article, it is critical to understand that when link juice arrives on a page, it is possible to redirect it to other sections of your website to assist other pages to rank higher.
How To Obtain Link Juice?
External links (also recognized as hyperlinks or inbound links) to the website generate link juice. You can get more backlinks by doing the following:
- Create credible material and become the go-to source for data on a particular subject.
- Make your website or content a resource.
- Create genuine blog entries for other web pages in your industry.
- Join industry organizations and form alliances.
- Obtain quotes on other web pages through public relations efforts.
- Restore links using link reclamation techniques.
- Of course, some additional ideas and strategies work. Check out the post on link construction and how it works for a more in-depth explanation of how to get more link juice.