You must have heard about PPC Marketing, isn’t it? It is a popular marketing technique responsible for boosting revenue growth for big and small businesses. When done right, PPC can help you to generate quality leads. If you want to learn more about this technique, such as what is PPC, what are the basics of PPC marketing, how to use PPC to fuel your business growth, and several other important things, then here is a guide to PPC Marketing.
What is PPC?
Starting with the literal meaning of the term PPC, it means “pay-per-click”. With PPC, advertisers need to pay a fee every time a user clicks on their advertisement. In other words, it can be explained as a way of buying user visits to your site.
If you want quick traffic growth and quality lead generation for your business, PPC is the right marketing technique for you.
Types of PPC Ads
PPC works differently as compared to the traditional forms of advertising. In PPC Marketing, you can directly know your ROI or return on investment, which will help in calculating profitability in an accurate manner. There are many types of PPC Advertising, some are discussed below:
- Search Advertising: You might have noticed PPC search adverts. While web browsing, you can easily spot search ads on Google. When you search for information on the internet, you will see small ads at the top of the page and the bottom of the organic results page. This type of PPC advertising has worked wonders and always generated profitable results.
- Display Advertising: In display advertising, the adverts appear on the Google partner websites. Herein, you can target particular types of people to display your ads. This is an upside because it allows you to select your target audience, like the people who have been to the competitor’s websites, etc., eventually resulting in a good ROI. This form of advertising uses image and text ads in an attractive format.
- Social Media Ads: Social media advertising has been gaining ground. Placing the ads in the newsfeed or social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn seems to generate lucrative returns. In this form of marketing, you don’t need a big social media presence, only a user account will serve the purpose.
- Remarketing Ads: This is known to be one of the most effective types of PPC ads because you can connect with the people who have already visited your website. These ads keep popping up while they browse through the internet, attracting them to come back for more.
- Google Shopping Ads: This is more suited for eCommerce websites. In this type of ads, the marketers can display their products below Google search, more popularly known as product listing ads or PLD. PLD, also called as shopping ads, are more detailed as compared to other text ads, encouraging customers to click on it.
Designing the PPC Campaign
The designers of the PPC marketing have to toil a lot to create an effective and successful PPC campaign. They need to:
- Research well and select the right keywords.
- Then, they need to organize those keywords into carefully drafted campaigns and ad groups.
- They put a well-calculated effort in setting up PPC landing pages, that aim to optimize the conversions.
- The team has skilled search engine advertisers who are professionals in creating a relevant and meticulously targeted pay-per-click campaign.
- You must also know that if your ads are successful in grabbing user attention, Google charges a lesser amount per click, which means higher profits for you. So, the PPC advertisers know how to focus on yielding maximum returns.
Importance of Google Ads
When we talk about PPC, we have to mention Google Ads or Google AdWords for sure. It is the most popular PPC marketing system that allows businesses to create ads to get noticed on the Google search engine. Google Ads work in pay-per-click format. The marketers bid on keywords and pay as per the clicks on their advertisements.
PPC marketing through Google Ads is valuable. This is because as a search engine Google attracts the maximum amounts of traffic at all times, helping in generating the most clicks to the ads.
About Successful PPC Campaign
The success of the PPC advertising campaign depends on:
- Keywords Used: You need to create relevant PPC keywords and tight keyword groups. The success of the entire PPC campaign depends on keywords. And, Google Ads advertisers always update their PPC keyword list.
- Landing Page Content: The next essential thing is to focus on optimizing the landing pages with relevant and to the point content. Also, a clear CTA or call to action should be included on the page.
- Quality Score: It is one of the key components of PPC marketing. Through the quality score, google determines the quality of your ads, whether they are useful to your customers. The advertisers who have good Quality Scores rank higher and in turn, get more clicks. As a result, they have to pay a lesser cost per click.
- Ad Rank: Ad Rank is another important factor that you need to optimize. Google ad that garners the highest ad rank, gets the top position. Ad Rank is the maximum cost per click bid multiplied by quality score.
- Uniqueness: You need to create out of the box and creative ads. Good quality ads generate more clicks.
Why is PPC Marketing Significant for Your Business?
Pay-per-click advertising has become one of the most profitable elements of digital marketing. As per a recent report, around 45% of small businesses invest in pay-per-click or PPC advertising.
Before investing in a full-fledged PPC ad campaign, it is important to know why PPC is important for your business growth. Here are a few reasons:
Quick and Reliable
PPC Marketing offers instant results with predictable returns. Due to this feature, it is considered to be one of the most successful types of advertising. It allows businesses to gain better visibility on search engines. Also, as per the data, PPC visitors are known to provide better conversions than the other forms of advertising.
So, if you are interested in generating quick revenue in short term, focus on improving your PPC marketing strategies.
Directly contributes to KPI’s of Your Business
This is one of the most potent reasons to opt for PPC. It directly contributes to the business’s key performance indicators, and you can directly measure the revenue growth it brings along.
This is one primary reason why PPC marketing is adjudged as important. No other marketing model allows such type of targeting control. PPC ads target specific audiences.
PPC allows marketers to control the ads, which ads are displayed where, which days and locations the ads are to be displayed, search queries, demographics, the interest of the people, previous purchase history, and much more.
PPC is a cost-effective advertising type to drive the right kind of traffic to your website. As you would have known by now, you only need to pay the publisher when the user clicks your ad. Bidding decides the Ad prices and hence you have an option to be flexible with your budget. Using PPC, you can directly engage with your target audience easily, unlike other traditional marketing strategies.
As per the data from Unbound, it is inferred that about 50% of visitors on a retailer’s website who came from a paid search ad, get converted more than who came from an organic link. Formstack also says that PPC ads feature in the list of top three generators of on-page conversions.
PPC Marketing is Simple
You can start PPC marketing in a quite simple way. It is neither slow-working nor labor-intensive like traditional advertising. PPC is easy to set-up and runs quickly too. Once your ads are approved, it starts to appear in search engines instantly and begins fetching results too. Also, you don’t need to source-target audience information.
Though search engine optimization or SEO is considered as one of the best ways for brand awareness, it is quite a slow process that can take several months. But PPC provides instant visibility of your brand to the audience.
As per WordStream, nearly 41% of clicks go to the top three paid ads on search results pages. This helps in creating a prominent brand name.
Undoubtedly, PPC happens to the best marketing technique. It is one of the key factors to consider if you want to have a promising advertisement campaign online. It will enable your business to flourish and rise incredibly. Though initially, it may need invest your precious time and money, it is sure to provide the best results in the long run. PPC will always keep you ahead of your competitors too.
Banking on PPC marketing, you will be able to witness a significant change in the revenue of your business. All you can expect is an increase in the customer base, better conversions, increased ROI, brand awareness, more traffic to your site, and much more.
So, want to elevate your brand name and experience unparalleled business growth? We at The Go-To Guy! will be delighted to assist you in strengthening your brand and provide you all advertising solutions. We believe in building lasting relationships with our clients by promising them quality services to take their business to a new high!
Want to know more? Get in touch with our PPC experts