One of the most effective methods to get brand recognition through digital marketing capabilities is Search Engine Optimization, commonly known as SEO.
An effective SEO strategy aims to improve your overall visibility on the internet. Adopting the best practices of SEO can bring substantial visibility to your website, improving SERP rankings.
More importantly, it can create a massive impact on the business development aspect of your organization and a successful business development strategy can bring you better prospects, improved sales, and greater revenue.
Let’s find out how SEO can help:
- Increases organic website traffic: One of the most important benefits of SEO for business development is the increase in organic website traffic. With a well-thought SEO strategy, a company can optimize its website to rank higher in the Google search results.
As a byproduct of improved site rankings, you drive more traffic to your site. In continuity, SEO assists you to drive more eligible traffic to your website, too. Since the plan is to optimize content as per the relevant key terms, you will automatically only receive attention from people who generally search for your keywords and are likely to show interest in your products or service offerings.
- Improves lead generation numbers: Lead generation opens doors to brand recognition in the world of SEO. While embarking on an SEO campaign, the first and foremost point that every business developer thinks of is to receive relevant leads that can be converted into customers.
With the right content, keywords, and promotion strategy, you can target your most ideal customer and similar audience that might pursue your brand out of curiosity. A business development professional collects these leads and coaxes them into a sales funnel. With a solid SEO strategy, the number of leads generated, the clickthrough rate, and conversion rates start improving quickly.
- Generates brand awareness: In addition to increasing your website’s traffic, you can also boost brand awareness with SEO. When a brand ranks in the top pages of the search results, visitors are highly likely to have a greater brand recall.
Even if a visitor doesn’t click on your links, they’ll start to see your name more often which will imprint your brand in their minds. For the audience, regular exposure to a brand name generates familiarity and can aid in earning the trust of potential leads over time. People always go by the names they have seen around and are comfortable with when they want to choose similar services.
- Closes more online sales: SEO marketing has a huge advantage when it comes to maximizing sales of products and services. By targeting the right target audiences that might even prefer a competitor or ancillary brands, a business development manager can devise the right plan to attract these people as leads and customers.
As you can see, SEO in these instances can help to improve the revenue of a brand with targeted tactics.
- Gets your brand Domain Authority: One of the best results for a business development team while employing the best practices of SEO is gaining powerful backlinks. Getting backlinks is essentially having your website pages linked in the content of high-ranking pages.
Imagine your articles being used as a reference point in Forbes; the traffic it would generate automatically would improve your Domain Authority. Additionally, being referred to by such powerful sites also increases your credibility in the market. Good SEO practices involve publishing unique and captivating content that is worthy of being backlinked.
- Boosts online visibility: Your online presence is akin to your brick-and-mortar store being established at one of the prime business avenues in every city.
Since the internet is heavily localized, you have the advantage of capturing the attention of the local foot traffic and improving brand visibility. This means two things for your brand as a BD professional, and both can be phenomenal for the organization. First, you gain a superior stance in the local market that can easily establish geographic dominance in your industry. Second, your brand name gets to leverage certain zones for aggressive marketing campaigns.
Now that we have decided how SEO strategies contribute towards the business development section of a brand, which aspects have you noticed most prominently in yours? The knowledge that these are the results you should be measuring gives you a yardstick to gauge your overall success.
About The Go-To Guy!
The Go-To Guy! is a creative branding and marketing agency that builds memorable brand identities, activates online presence, and brings brand engagement to help companies grow online, offline, and across multiple platforms