Ever since COVID-19 rattled the global economy, we’ve witnessed a total transformation of business practices. Especially with respect to business strategy and marketing, the brands that were traditionally bound to the physical realm are now actively involved online and on social media.
Lockdowns led to a new movement in social media marketing as it became the helm of business development for leads and sales. If you’re still trying to figure out how to leverage your social media presence, this blog will help you in understanding the connection between your business strategy and social media.
- Create an ongoing conversation: The use of social media by businesses might have been about publishing updates three years ago but things have dramatically changed since the pandemic. Today, every successful brand has conversations going with their audience, which makes them a tight-knit community.
The feeling of being a part of a collective always attracts to social media users which is why it is necessary to use business strategy to develop a core concept that can be a great conversation starter for existing and potential customers
- Give incentives: Everyone is looking for a boost of serotonin and dopamine today which explains the incessant scrolling. However, when the scrolling gets old, you need to entice the social media users a step further by giving them some incentive to complete the action you desire.
It could be getting a 20% promotional discount on the first purchase if they signed up, or giveaway fests that increase your follower base for brand awareness. In the world of social media, everyone loves freebies, so give as much high-quality free content and giveaways in order to gain their loyalty.
- Actively engage with viewers: The internet was an amazing place in the 2000s and everyone remembers how friendly it was. The biggest highlight for millennials, who are now marketing and business development professionals as well as capable consumers, was the super engaging chat rooms.
Since that’s a thing of the past, we see the biggest section of the eligible audience that has the propensity to purchase and finances to pay, missing the old connection. Creating a relationship between you and your audience will get you a strong follower and customer base quickly, so make it a point to open multiple channels of communication to interact with your target audience and enable them to build a community among themselves.
- It’s all about relatability: Today, social media accounts with a large number of followers are either full of fake accounts (bot marketing), or real ones who found your content relatable. Familiarity will forever be the principle that attracts leads and potential customers to your channel. Make sure that you clearly define your customer avatar and match your similarities with their qualities. Most importantly, post informative and relevant content regularly for your audience to find you.
- Stay relevant: The attention retention span of internet users has become a fraction of what it earlier was. You essentially get just 2-3 seconds to make an impression while the user scrolls in mass consumption.
Being visually bombarded with so much information has caused social media users to become sensitized to homogeneous content which is why you need to take a unique approach and shock them into awareness. Create new trends instead of following the train, or jump on to the trend bandwagon before it becomes saturated.
Also, make it a point to post regularly and during times when your target audiences are most active to be visible.
- Improve your credibility: Your reputation online takes a long time to build but can take just a small indiscretion to fall apart. Building credibility in the online domain takes up a careful SEO strategy in order to create Domain Authority. This can be accomplished in a range of ways that puts you right at the top of the Search Results Pages of such platforms.
For instance, use the appropriate keywords by optimizing your content that puts your page right at the top of search result pages. Similarly, there are ways that you can use your social media to connect content guides, videos, reels, and partner with high authority collaborators to establish your name.
- Use the help of Influencers: Influencer marketing has become one of the biggest assets of marketing today. These individuals are referred to as influencers because of their significant following on social media platforms, thereby making them a powerful tool for brands. By actively collaborating with social media influencers on platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Snapchat, you stand a greater chance of gaining access to their followers who all share similar interests.
Creating fun and interactive content with such personalities, sponsoring them, or inviting them to brand launch events as your representatives can put a better word out there, especially for the millennial and gen-z target audience groups.
The tips given above have been tried, tested, and reinvented several times over the last couple of years. We hope that tailoring them as per your brand identity leads to a highly enhanced business strategy.
About The Go-To Guy!
The Go-To Guy! is a creative branding and marketing agency that builds memorable brand identities, activates online presence, and brings brand engagement to help companies grow online, offline, and across multiple platforms